Eventide Jamestown – Full-Time Exempt (80 Hours / 2 Weeks) . For full information and to apply visit www.eventide.org
As the Director of Nutrition & Culinary Services, you will direct and coordinate the nutrition and culinary services of Eventide and its subsidiary services in accordance with all state and federal laws for the operation of a culinary department.
REQUIREMENTS FOR DIRECTOR OF NUTRITION & CULINARY SERVICES:
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must be a Registered Dietitian.
- Prefer 3-5 years of experience in institutional management, including long-term care and/or restaurant experience.
- Computer skills are necessary in this position.
- Management and employee relations are also strongly encouraged.
- Some basic accounting would be helpful with the responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS FOR DIRECTOR OF NUTRITION & CULINARY SERVICES:
- Plans, implements, coordinates and evaluates continuous function of Nutrition and Culinary Services on a 24-hour-basis.
- Coordinates operation of the facility’s coffee shops.
- Establishes and implements Nutrition and Culinary Services policies and procedures in accordance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Prepares, maintains, and directs department assignments, creates and organizes work schedules. • Monitors and ensures compliance with safety and sanitation standards.
- Identifies food sources approved or considered satisfactory by the commissioner of health, which are clean, wholesome, free from spoilage, free from adulteration and misbranding and safe for human consumption.
- Maintains inventory control standards and establishes and maintains food production standards to ensure the delivery of high quality meals to residents, tenants and any contracts.
- Develops menus that are nutritionally sound and reflect the Food Pyramid in meeting recommended daily dietary requirements, while adjusting to the food habits, customs, likes and appetites of individual residents.
- Maintains a file of test recipes adjusted to a yield appropriate for the number of residents served.
- Conducts periodic staff performance appraisals. Provides ongoing orientation and training of staff.
- Monitors and supervises all Nutrition and Culinary Services staff for quality, safety, sanitation and compliance with established policies, procedures, standards and regulations.
- Is responsible for disciplinary actions for Nutrition and Culinary staff and any terminations of employment.
- Evaluates staffing needs and maintains adequate staffing. Hires new employees as needed.
- Coordinates the activities of the Nutrition and Culinary Services Department with interrelated activities of the other departments to ensure quality resident care occurs and that the department runs at optimum efficiency. Reviews achievement and discusses needed changes in goals and objectives.
- Provides input in formulating and administering the organizations policies/procedures and participates in the development of long-range goals and objectives of the institution as needed.
- Completes and updates department documentation as necessary for effective workflow and direction to staff. Maintains all Nutrition and Culinary Services records as designated by regulation and policy.
- Prepares reports/records on departmental activities for review by the Executive Director.
- Meets with residents, families and visitors to discuss any dietary concerns related to menus, complaints, etc.
- Maintains communication and information lines with inside and outside contacts and contracts regarding all aspects of meal service provision.
- Responsible for coordinating staff for catering functions.
- Provides educational opportunities for staff to enhance their knowledge base. Attends meetings and in-services and provides consultation to other Managers and staff in relation to the services provided by the Nutrition and Culinary Department.
- Proposes and manages the budget of the department, which includes analyzing activities, costs and operations and forecasting data to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives. • As needed will provide documentation, initiate and update nutritional assessments for residents and develop individualized care plans in accordance with physicians orders, facility policy and state and federal regulations.
- Holds and conducts staff meetings on a regular basis.
ICARE: Our Christian-influenced values empower Eventide team members to live our mission. Our values inspire our service, hospitality, performance and relationships. Integrity – We accept the great responsibility of providing the best care for our residents at all times. Compassion – We treat each person with kindness, sensitivity and understanding. Accountability – We promise to fulfill our mission by using good stewardship of our time, talents and resources. Respect – We recognize and honor the dignity of each resident, family and team member. Excellence – We strive to continually improve all that we do, individually and collectively.